Fifty things you didn't know about me. At least I don't think so, lol.
1. Do you like blue cheese? is there anything that blue cheese can't go on? of course!
2. Have you ever smoked a cigarette? nope.
3. Do you own a gun? not now
4. What flavor do you add to your drink at Sonic? COCONUT!!!!!!!!
5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? Nope.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? Wimmers NC weiners (prefferably the red ones!)
7. Favorite Christmas Song? Mary, Did You Know (Kenny Rogers/Wynona version) makes me cry every time.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Milk
9. Can you do push ups? Yep! And from the toes! YES! while i've become a chunky monkey, i've still got guns, lol!
10. Favorite movie? Highlander, Director's Cut (i wore the video tape out!)
11. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? a sapphire necklace hubbie gave me when he gave me my engagement ring (if we're not counting wedding jewelry, lol)
12. Favorite hobby? KNITTING! (imagine that!)
13. Do you work with people who idolize you? i am THE adminnie. what do you think?
14. Do you have ADD? wouldn't surprise me if i did, since 3 of my 4 kids are adhd
15. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? my tendency to sit on my ass when i need to get off of it
16. Middle name? Ruth, after my grandmother.
17. Three thoughts at this moment: The race thing is still very heated, and as long as one doens't think the other understands, it will still be a race thing. I need to eat breakfast. I have to go get Sean from summer school in an hour, where did the time go?
18. Three things you bought yesterday. iced triple grande caramel macchiato, tall breve latte, and Sean's final 8th grade grades (he lost a book AGAIN! i swear, i'm not letting him check anything out any more!)
19. Name 3 drinks you drink regularly. ice tea, cherry 7up and Water.
20. Current worry right now? my daughter paying her bills (she just got a job after being out of work for 2 months)
21. Current hate right now? political commercials
22. Favorite place to be? at stitch & bitch
23. How did you bring in the New Year? watched it with my sons (my husband can NEVER make it any more, lol)
24. Where would you like to go? scotland, ireland, sweden (for hubbie), and the bahamas
25. Name three people who will complete this. dunno
26. Who's answer do you want to read the most? dunno
27. What color shirt are you wearing? navy blue ben franklin t-shirt i got on vacation in georgia
28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? No.
29. Can you whistle? like a bird (and apparently i passed the ability on to liam, i AM whistler's mother!)
30. Favorite color? tie dye (is that a color?)
31. Would you be a pirate? ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! Aye, Matey!
32. What songs do you sing in the shower? it's the only place i DON'T sing, lol.
33. Favorite girl's name? Deirdre
34. Favorite boy's name? Kelsa (my dad's name)
35.What's in your pocket right now? more like, what's NOT in my pocket, lol.
36. Last thing that made you laugh? something on Plurk
37. Best bed sheets as a child? the flannel sheets my mom would put on in the w inter
38. Worst injury you've ever had? burnt all 4 fingers on my left hand and the ER threatened to cut my wedding rings off
39. Do you love where you live? read previous post, lol
40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 5 (one is the game tv for the kids, one in our bedroom, and the living room one are used)
41. Who is your loudest friend? it's probably a tie between me and Miss V (we both got lungs, lol)
42. How many dogs do you have? none
43. Does someone have a crush on you? Only my husband!
44. If you could marry a movie actor/actress who would it be? Keanu Reeves. no ifs ands or buts about that one
45. What is your favorite book? the outlander series
46. What is your favorite candy? dark chocolate that snaps with nuts
47. Who is your favorite sports team? Don’t have one.
48. What song do you want played at your funeral? amazing grace played on the bagpipes
49. What were you doing at 12 AM last night? plurking my brains out
50. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up this morning? crap, i gotta get sean to school
Wednesday, July 16, 2008
I don't think i can explain it. I'm a midwestern girl, born & raised. have never spent more than 24 hours at a beach, at any one time, and can count the time i've been to either coast on one hand. flat lands and cornfields are what i know.
what i want is ocean. a friend is going to a jimmy buffett concert in the next week, and posted some videos on her blog. i watched the first video, and cried. watched the second, and cried again.
i'm not ashamed to admit i'm a parrothead. i've read all of jimmy's books. at one time i owned every cd, except the very first album, which is very hard to find. but there's something about his music, no matter what style it is (i've heard country, pop, reggae, big band swing, and everyother thing except rap), it makes me think of the ocean. good times on the boardwalk, watchin' people go by. sitting by a bonfire on the beach with your honey, a good brew, and good friends. walking in the surf, thinking simple thoughts.
Smelling the salt air, feeling the breeze and the spray on your face, and the sand under your feet.
I think, maybe in a previous life, i lived on the beach.
Tuesday, July 08, 2008
a lazy blogger. in case any of you are curious, yes, there was some crazy ass weather in the omaha area again, and no, we weren't directly affected by it, other than a wet basement (it's not been dry since mid may, i swear!) mu in-laws ended up with some minimal roof damage and skirting damage, and lost a good part of their small garden, but they're fine.
as for the boy scout camp? apparently, sean went to school with the boy from iowa, when he was living in west point. he's never said anything, but the day that they did their little montages on the news, after Aaron's was done, sean came out of the spare bedroom, gave me a hug, and said "i love you." i think he knew.
and on to life. it's been madness, hectic, and crazy. we did finally get the med crap straightened out, and should be fine until october. now that i know it has to be done, i'll be better prepared when we get that far. i still can't convince mark to complain at work. i'm about ready to contact HR myself, and find out what I can do (it'll piss him off, but this needs to be addressed).
summer school for liam is over and he PASSED! he got 2 B's and 1D. not thrilled with the D, but it's still passing. so, summer band madness starts, lol. we do have a small interval between liam's summer school and sean's. his starts july 17, and he's a little nervous. mark took him to his med check appointment yesterday, and sean told the doctor that he didn't want to go to central, because he missed his teacher at L&C. the hard part is getting it through to him that teachers are ephemeral. it's rare to have the same teacher 2 years in a row, particularly in a bigger school. i think he'll be fine, but i may arrange for a visit or 2 to his old teacher, just for comfort's sake.
and now, for some fiber news! i've taken over the editorship of the Daily Chum, and am busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. it's fun, though. the hard part, is since i'm doing ESotD, is resisting all that delicious fiber! i'm taking lots of "resisting the yarny call" points on Knit Wars, lol.
i'm also in Tour de Fleece, on the L&V team. I've been good so far, and have spun every day since it started on Saturday. Saturday, i plied my second-to-last spunky club shipment, called "everybody likes pie" (please correct me if i'm wrong, lol, the slip went awol when mark decided to clean, lol). i think it's falkland wool. i liked it in singles, hated it while i plied it, but like it plied up. go figger.
This is it wound into a center pull ball in preparation for plying. i like doing it this way, as i can use up all of the fiber. i also worked on some bunny fluff i got from Miss V last year, but since it's so fuzzy, i can only work on it when the fan isn't on in the living room.
i've actually convinced mark that having the air a little warmer is better, and we compensate by using a room fan, when he's particularly hot. that's been happening alot this year, as he's decided to do as much as he can outside. so far he's cleaned up all the branches under the walnut tree, built up an area around the air conditioner (we're going to put in some fill dirt, then put down ground cloth and mulch, to help with the weed situation around there), rearranged the shed, and pulled up all the fence around the garden area. this includes all the concrete chunks he had up against the fence to prevent critteration. his original plan was to have the fence go all the way back to the shed, with just the one gate by the back patio, and be able to access the garden from the back through the shed (it has two doors). that plan never went all the way through, so up the fence came. now we gotta apply brush killer, to deal with all the small trees and grapevines that decided to make the fencerow home. speaking of the garden, i've not gotten much out of it yet, but we've had definite progress. I ended up pulling up the mustard greens because they bolted, and we couldn't get at them half the time because of all the rain. We did eat some baby greens, mixed with some of the mixed lettuces i've planted and store-bought romaine (couldn't find romaine seeds, or i'd have grown that myself, as well!). We did get some peas this weekend, but shelled only came out to a handful, so i mixed them with some frozen peas we had. they were yummy.
We've also got one egg plant growing out front! i decided it was better not to go with the traditional eggplant, as they get too big for one meal, and i can't convince anyone 'round here that eggplant parmesan would be good. but it's HUGE! well, not really, but i'm very pleased with it at this point. there are about 5 more blossoms on the plant, so i have high hopes for more. so far this was the 3rd blossom, so maybe i'll get a fruit out of every 3rd bloom? cross your fingers.
Other than that, there's the A4A stole i'm working on. No pic yet, but it's at 40", and they want 80", so i'm halfway. I've been using bits and pieces that i've had around, to include a bag of scraps sent to me by Deb, plus some doubled sock yarn. it's a simple feather & fan variation, but i like it lots. it's definitely colorful! however, it's actually quite muted from my usual color palette, lol. the last thing i have today is that i've dug into my CMF stash (pre teyani leaving), and am spinning Big Yellow Taxi. I'm making my own sock hop yarn, as i want to make nanner socks. what are nanner socks? well, the pattern is no longer available, but Wendy of Wendyknits gave it to anyone who was on Plurk. Oh yeah, Plurk. now there's a time suck! www.plurk.com. i like itmuch better than twitter, because it's threaded. and it has fun emotis like dancing nanners, lol.
and Erin, no i haven't forgotten the meme. i've just been having trouble downloading a picture i want for it. go figger, lol.