Tuesday, August 22, 2006

twas the night before school

Twas the night before school
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring, not even my spouse.

All the backpacks were lined up
By the back door with care,
With the hopes that the principal
Would really be fair.

I in my t-shirt and Pa in our bed,
had just settle down for the rules to be read.
No flip flops, no tank tops, no gangbanger jeans.
No hats, no hoodies, and clothes must be clean.

When out from the alley there arose such a clatter,
I ran to the back door to see what was the matter.
When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
But a loud jalopy with ear-busting gear.

With a teeth-rattling bass, and ear-drum piercing treble,
I knew this annoying kid was really into metal.
I knew in a moment that it was that annoying little prick.
The one down the street who knew all the tricks.

He drove slowly down my alley shouting with great wherewithall,
"School's starting! School's starting! Woe to us all!"
I grabbed my shotgun, and gave it a blast,
And blew that little sucker's ghetto box right into the past.

As the smoke cleared away
and the prick rolled out of sight,
I whispered "Happy school to all parents, and to all a good night!"

1 comment:

Michelle said...

LOL That's great, Minnie! Love it.