Friday, January 26, 2007

Dilatory

if you don't know what it means look it up.

my stab at educating the world, i suppose!

and i'm so excited! i just listed my first item on etsy.com!

go look! i'll wait!

this is what i'm selling:
i know, it's not a lot, but it's there! this is some domestic wool blend that ms vi had for sale at the OW&SG last fall. i hadn't bought it with the intent of selling, but i need money, and this turned out quite well. and yes, i do have permission from ms vi to use her name when i listed this. it's approximately 169 yards of dk-worsted weight. and yummy! i had to wait 2 days to get enough sun to take a pic, sigh.

I finally finished the Bunting from Hell. i'll post a pic after i wash it (joplin kept trying to sleep on it). as ms violet said last night at S&B, it's so thick & warm a baby could play outside in the arctic and be comfey. the dragon sweater continues apace. i'm up to the second sleeve. miss vi is looking for sock pattern designers for her book, so i'm digging up stitch dictionaries and needles & yarn like mad, lol! and i've been doing alot of the funfur scarves for robyn . i'm up to 7. i did one at S&B last night, and just gave it to her when i wove in the last end.

life has been a tad bit boring, lately. the usual rounds of school, home, my house, my mom, etc. i got my van back monday night. i was in the driver's seat for approximately 4 hours that night, sigh. i had to drive to blair to pay for steph's car (she better be getting a doozy of a refund!), then have her follow me back to council bluffs with the van so we could take the in-laws thunderbird back to them, then drove the girls back to blair, then came home. didn't eat dinner til almost 8, sigh.

oh wait, there was one interesting thing that happened. go see this. i'll be doing some baking around here!

my hubby loves me! he tried to surprise me with it, but i caught him with his credit card out, and closing a window on the computer so i couldn't see. he finally broke down and told me monday. this is my valentine's gift, and 6 month anniversary gift, and "baby you treat me so well" gift.

What i'm reading now:
John Adams by David McCullough (book tape at mark's (almost done!)) (ok, i just heard "the end!")
Witch Hunt by Ian Rankin (booktape at my house)
The Egyptologist by Arthur Phillips(booktape in the van)
Knitgrrl by Shannon Okey
Obsidian Butterfly by Laurell Hamilton
To Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis
Knitting Rules by Stephanie Pearl-McPhee

and i'm off like a herd of turtles again!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful yarn! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yay! You're a shopowner!

I would love one of those mixers! What color are you getting?