Thursday, February 02, 2006

silent poetry reading

Frustration fuels my rage
Shaking the bars of my cage.
This feeling wells inside
And pushes the desire to hide.

The pusher is in my mind.
And no solace can I find.
My child refuses to see
what he is doing to me.

Resentment of his lack of care
and not caring how i fare.
This child of my womb
causes feelings of being in a tomb.

Why won't he heed me,
and act like he doesn't need me?
I fought so hard to bring him back,
and yet he makes me feel like such a hack.

I see the temptations of his father
The need to be a fuss and bother.
Simple things seem not to suit him.
The prospects i used to see now dim.

I love my child and he claims to love me
but sometimes it feels like a forgery.
He talks in ways that seem so fake
i'm not sure how much more i can take.

MM

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's difficult isn't it, You love your kids to bits but there are times when you just want to throttle them :-( My first born is going through a bit of a stage at the moment where *it just doesn't know what it wants to do with *it's life and so consequently isn't doing anything much at all! ( except expecting us to keep *it) You sometimes just want to shake them and tell them to grow up and take responsibility for their own actions, but they are your kids and deep down all you want is for them to be happy... so what can you do - except love them.
*I have only used it to preseve *it's anonymity :-)

Anne said...

Yep. Nothing more maddening; nothing more deep.

Many thanks, sugar!