Tuesday, March 28, 2006

ummmmmmmmmm . . .

i got squat. i haven't knit since sunday night. i feel like crap. i have been felled by that nasty thing called a sinus infection. hey carin & jen! have i got some colors for you!

and we are car shopping. the van ate ANOTHER belt on sunday, and it comes out that the pulleys are going bad. as much as i hate to say it, it's time for the little red van to go. my dad bought this van, and when he passed away, my mom sold it to me, because she couldn't drive it (she's only about 4'10"). the boys are upset with me because i'm going to trade it in. "It's Grandpa's!" i do understand, even if they don't think so. while it has become my van, there's still a little tiny part of my dad there. i know that's not all of him, but still. i kept his pliers holster (yes, there is a belt pouch for that!) because it was his. i'm odd that way. actually, i have more of my grandmother here than him. i miss him, and so do the boys, but maybe it's time to move on.

2 comments:

Alcariel said...

Yeah, I think we decided that "sputum" was going to be its own seperate line for just that reason. Too many pretty colors!

Trixie said...

Honey I get that whole thing about your van and its relationship to your father. I had the same experience and grieve still for the things that the family destroyed or sold after he died. I was to young and to poor to afford them and the family was not much in the way of credit. It hurts. But none of them were a broken down old van which I needed to be safe and reliable in order to transport my darling children and to earn a living. In this case I would have had to move past the pain as well as enjoy that new car smell!