Thursday, April 13, 2006

here's my F

goddammned FUCKERS! there, that's my f. i'm pissed. i got my tax bill from my accountant tonight, and i'm absolutely LIVID! long story short, i have assets inherited from my grandmother in wyoming. they generate an income. now, you would think that i would be paying wyoming income tax, if they had any, right(they don't, it's about the only logical state i know of!)? no. apparently the rules are written that the companies who deal with these assets, and garner my income, get to tax me from the STATE THEY OPERATE IN! What the Fuck is that all about? So, even though i don't live in new mexico, colorado, or oklahoma, nor are my assets there, i owe them income tax. so, the money that i've pinched and scraped and saved for the wedding is going to go to these fuckers!

i'm about in tears, and on top of that, Liam has decided that sean has "ruined my life!" and they've been screaming at each other for the last 45 minutes.

i was gonna show pictures, but my batteries died in my camera. can this evening get much worse?

Edit: the toilet just backed up. sigh.

5 comments:

Alcariel said...

Ok...first...take a deep breath. You'll get through this. We're here for you.

Pull out the wheel and spin some to calm yourself.

And speaking of spinning...when I get home from work in the morning, I'm going to pull out my credit card and order the Lendrum. It'll be my Easter gift to myself!

Trixie said...

Ah. *sigh* It's times like this when I wish I had a million dollars (tax free) that I could use to help out my friends. Life is never that easy. There is always something around the corner waiting to bite you. I am sending big hugs and lots of love your way and hoping that your next surprise is a happy one.

puck said...

oh, my dear friend, when it rains, it pours! i have a really good accountant in town, who used to be an IRS agent who might be able to help you out, or at least help you figure out how to set up a tax shelter or something...there must be a way around this, for every loop (around your neck) there is a loopHOLE, ya just gotta find it. i'll email you his name and number if you want it.
until then, chin up, we love you!

fillyjonk said...

I'm so sorry.

Dealing with tax - especially on stuff you've inherited - really stinks.

I owe state tax where I live every stinkin' year (this year, it's $700, no kidding, and on an associate prof salary). That's because I still hold stocks and bonds my grandparents bought, and the money is "touch me not" money (at least until I retire, if there's any left then).

I don't know. I'd be a lot happier with a flat percentage tax on actual income, and maybe a lower flat percentage on investments, and NO STATE OTHER THAN THE ONE IN WHICH YOU LIVE AND/OR WORK can get their grubby mitts on a chunk.

(Maybe you need to go to New Mexico and demand they treat you in one of their emergency rooms? Or request some other kind of assistance, seeing as you're a taxpayer?)

And as for Liam - I don't know the full history but it sounds to me like he's upset/concerned about the various life-changes coming (marriage), and taking it out on you. That's never fun.

I recommend, if you can, going for a long walk somewhere nice.

yarnivorous said...

Oh dear - I hope things are a bit better now! *hugs* (not normal for me but you need em!) The toilet backing up must've just topped it off nicely :-(
In Oz, we only pay tax to the federal government. The employer gets slugged payroll tax (a tax on each employee who gets paid). Much easier for individuals.
Come to Oz! We may not have the yarn shops you guys have but our health care and social security and pay system don't suck big time (though we are working on it)