i just realized that the new pals go out tomorrow, so i'm doing my questionaire tonight
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Heck no. i'll take anything. i do lots of charity knitting, so acrylic is fine with me, lol. i just want it to be soft (no rug yarn, lol)
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
bananas and watermelon make me sick. strong "spice" scents make me cough, particularly in candles. i had bronchitis 7 years ago, and i've not been able to handle it since.
4. How long have you been knitting?
29 years, almost virtually non-stop.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
nope, and i wouldn't have the faintest clue how, lol.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
vanilla, berry as long as it doesnt' smell like grape. sandalwood. musk. peach. jasmine. that gives you a variety, eh?
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
a whole mouthful! gimme CHOCOLATE!
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
i do some home repair, but my main gig is fiber.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
wow, i am such an eclectic person muscially. i like evanescence, and chris ledeux, and dr john, and nirvana, and the googoo dolls. one secret pal sent me a cd of love songs by sting, and i loved that. the only thing i don't do is rap.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
i actually like all colors, just as long as they aren't retro 70's like avocado, and harvest gold (shudder). my favorite is royal blue, so blue it's almost purple. i also like plummy purples.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
i have a fiance, two older daughters (19 & 20) and two sons 11 & 13. between me and mark we have two cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
to be able to stay home and craft til i'm blue in the face, making money at it. i wanna be annie modesitt when i grow up (and i may be on my way, i'm in Cheaper than Therapy!)
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
i don't have any favorites, although i do like knitting with handspun. there's something so tactile about it. i have some alpaca silk i've been hoarding for over a year that's deliciously soft, and i hear there are new colors (hint, hint)
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
i haven't found any yet, remember, not a yarn snob, lol.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
baby patterns. dark stuff. i'm knitting alot for charity, and some of the upcoming ones like ship support and the pine ridge reservation look for "dirt" colors (those that hold up well to dirt)
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
anything fast. it doesn't have to be small, just quick. i made a poncho in 2 weeks from lion brand jiffy, and i'm actually thinking about ripping it out because i found a fabu pattern in the latest cast off for a long sweater.
17. What are you knitting right now?
hats, mittens, socks, etc for a4a. that obsession ends on the 18th, so i can get it all washed and dried, and shipped in time. after that, christmas, and some stuff for ME!
18. What do you think about ponchos?
i've done 2, and am contemplating crocheting a third, that's enough.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
they both have their uses. i dont discriminate, lol. right now i'm using straights, but the next project may be circs, just depends on what i can find, lol.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
most of what i have is aluminum, but i'd like to get my hands on some special wood ones. lantern moon comes to mind, lol.
21. Are you a sock knitter?
yes & no. i've done it, and i like it, just dont' do it on a regular basis. i have a stash of sock yarns i need to use up before i think about buying/receiving more, lol.
22. How did you learn to knit?
my maternal grandmother taught me to cast on and knit when i was 10. i've taught myself everything else, from books.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
if i told you that, i'd have to kill you.
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
dragons. fairies. but mostly dragons. you should see my collection, lol.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
HALLOWEEN, BABY! this falls in just the right time, this rocks!
26. Is there anything that you collect?
yarn (duh, lol) dragons. books.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
IK, and Spin Off. Family Circle EAsy Knitting, i think, but i haven't been getting them consistently, sigh. would love InKnitters, or Knit'n Style.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?
The Opinionated Knitter.
Any of the Barbara Walker Treasuries. i got the first one for my SP5 pal, and it was really hard to let go!
Stephanie Pearl-McFee's new book (unraveled?)
29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another??
Peacock Feathers Shawl.
yes, i love textures, and have a hankering to start working lace.
there's your lot! (to quote yarnivorous)