Saturday, April 30, 2005

i've been memed!

ok, ok, i volunteered, but nobody ever tags me, lol.

The idea is to pick 5 and complete the sentences, then pass this little meme on to 3 more of your blog pals! But no tag backs!
If I could be a scientist…
If I could be a farmer…
If I could be a musician…
If I could be a doctor…
If I could be a painter…
If I could be a gardener…
If I could be a missionary…
If I could be a chef…
If I could be an architect…
If I could be a linguist…
If I could be a psychologist…
If I could be a librarian…
If I could be an athlete…
If I could be a lawyer…
If I could be an inn-keeper…
If I could be a professor…
If I could be a writer…
If I could be a llama-rider…
If I could be a bonnie pirate…
If I could be an astronaut…
If I could be a world famous blogger…
If I could be a justice on any one court in the world…
If I could be married to any current famous political figure…
**************
If I could be a writer… i'd write fantasy. i love dragons, and unicorns, and fairies.

If I could be a librarian… i'd time travel back and work in the libraries of alexandria (is that right?) all those ancient scrolls.

If I could be an astronaut… i'd time travel forward, and do it when it was an every day occurence, and help build space stations, or travel to far planets, like neptune and saturn. i would love to see the earth from space.

If I could be a gardener… i'd plant enough to feed the hungry. i'd donate to the local food pantries every week.

If I could be a painter… i'd paint the love in my family's eyes.

god i'm a sap, arent i?

Knitting.
i finished slipper pair #5 and then proceeded to forget pair #1 in the box to Father's House. damn. well, i'm gonna hunt up a small box, and mail them tomorrow, just to make sure my count is accurate and fair. damn.

hobby lobby had lion brand fun fur and yarn bee wild child and elf eyelash on sale for $2.66 a ball! i bought 16 balls for the purses. too cool.

Crochet
i've almost finished the 4th row for Mom's afghan. i've got 2 more squares to sew on. i think i'm going to try to finish it this week so that i can give it to her this coming weekend. Dad's birthday is friday. hell of a thing, giving mom her present on dad's birthday. i'm not going to make anything for him, because he's picky about color, according to mom. i think i'll make him fingerless mitts for christmas, though. those, however, will be knit (wrong section, i know).

Home
SOME ASSHOLE STOLE MY LAWNMOWER! mark had it at his house, and while his friend's dad's rv was parked in the driveway blocking view from the street, some jerk ran off with the mower. i'm so pissed. we just got the fucking thing running, and now it's gone. >:(

today was a running day again, sigh. i hate saturdays like this, and it's gonna be this way for a while. i have a dentist appointment next saturday, and liam has one the week after, and my mom is going to see her financial advisor that saturday as well. sigh.

i mailed 2 packages today, and the mail man was impressed. i shoved 3 pairs of shoes, 4 pairs of slippers (not 5 like i thought), 6 pairs of socks, 12 toothbrushes, 10 razors, and 78 pony tail holders into a flat rate priority box. this was for AC4C for the april project of Father's House International. i got my money's worth for sure. he told me it would have cost $9.90 for priority, and $8.50 for parcel post, and i paid $7.70. not bad, eh? the other package was for natalie and i think she'll like what i send. i'm not telling, cuz i know she reads my blog. :P natalie. lol.

You might be a redneck if you've ever used a barstool as a weapon.
You might be a redneck if you use your bathroom plunger every day (does this make mark a redneck, since he's having bathtub drainage issues?)

Pattern of the Day: Lacy Recycled Silk Scarf. maybe i'll be lazy, and just make this for you know who instead. it's pretty.

Openwork Rib. i think i like these patterns most of all. just a texture pattern, and you can use it for whatever you want. i like.

What i'm reading.
Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. i need to hurry up and finish this. yarnivorous saw the movie on friday (her time, of course) and said it was good. i wanna see it, but i wanna read the book first. this is a flip, because i refuse to read Revenge of the Sith (starwars III) until after i see the movie. interesting paradox i am.
A God in Ruins. slightly pendantic, a little slow right now, but still a good read.

Have a good day!

No comments: