Thursday, August 25, 2005

julie andrews ain't got nuttin' on me


First off, i owe emily & my secret pal (who revealed herself today!) Sauniell an apology. i've been slack in posting my pressies. These are the stitchmarkers from emily, from the marker exchange. i got these a while ago, but with everything going on, i forgot to post a pic. these came with a darling flower notepad. sorry the pic is a bit blurry, but it was the best i could do.





This is the gift Sauniell gave me a month ago. there's enough knitpicks yarn there to keep me knitting for weeks! and i'm gonna have fun with the dyeing. only thing is the book says you need FORTY FOOT HANKS! i think i need a bigger niddy noddy. i am looking forward to doing this, that's for sure!



And this is the package i got today! the title of it was Favorite Things. oh boy oh boy oh boy! that skein sitting there so innocuously is Manos Del Uruguay! and that color is MUY DELICIOSO! oh thank you, thank you , thank you! and the stitch markers are DRAGONS! i may never use another stitch marker again! (no offense to the rest of the markers i got, lol) I LOVE MY PACKAGE, SAUNIELL! i'm thrilled to death, and will probably cast on with my manos after i get a few more things done.

I'm making stuff for a4a, and i've got one pair of baby socks done, and ready to to tie up and dye, and one hat. i was a bad girl, and bought a ton of yarn from String of Purls, and they gave me an extra stamp on my SABLE card as their contribution toward my effort. wow. i'm on my second hat right now, but need to finish sewing up the bootie i started on tuesday, and start a dino for AC4C. but i'm hatting like mad.

liam stayed home sick (poor guy) but he seems to be feeling better. he's begging for his video games, but i told him no, lol. if he's sick enough to stay home, he's sick enough to not play video games.

You might be a redneck if your car has seat covers over the seat covers.

Pattern of the Day: Ruffled Shawl. this is cute, but a tiny bit small. i doubt i'll make it.

Have a nice day!

No comments: