Monday, February 21, 2005

felt-o-rama

Knitting

I've gotten quite a way through the poncho from hell, but i'm about to abandon that project to the new love of my life. String of Purls, my favorite LYS, is having a felted bag contest, and i was drawn into it. IT'S NOT MY FAULT! and, me being me, decided to do something different from the other bags i saw there. i bought black Lamb's Pride worsted, and i have some silver eyelash in my stash. i found a gorgeous mother of pearl button that is round, but it's a patchwork of itty bitty squares. very shishi (who the hell knows how to spell that anyway, lol!). my plan is an elegant handbag, with a small amount of eyelash trim. i'm even thinking about doing the handles in detachable i-cord. i asked a ton of questions on KR in the felting forum, with the hopes that i'll get enough responses to make informed decisions, because the deadline is March 15!!!!! AAACCCKKKK!!!! thank god i'm not planning anything humumgous. i will post pics as soon as i can ( i looked for my usb cord but was unable to find it, gotta nag mark again.

Crochet
HUH?

Home

Mark has my crap now, but not as bad as me, and i'm not as bad as steph, so i can only think that it dilutes with progression, or age is a factor. i'm not needing antibiotics, like my little sicky chicky (she'll shoot me if she sees this, lol!), but i did stay home one day from work. mark is planning on going to work tomorrow as far as i know, with some dayquil assistance, and a box of tissues (the shop towels at work are just not cutting it, lol). trying desperately not to give it to the boys, that would be all i'd need.

You might be a redneck if the liquor store knows you by your first name.

Pattern of the Day: Little Sister Pullover with Matching Purse. Very cute, but no little girls to do it for :(. maybe another charity item. sigh, there's too many of those. Girls, hurry up and have some babies (i'm kidding, i don't wanna be a grandma yet!)

Catch ya on the flip side.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Your felted bag idea sounds great! I'll be waiting for pics. Good luck with the contest. Sounds like it's going to be alot of fun.

Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Love making felted bags! Designed my own pattern I enjoyed it so much!

Katt